Friday, April 29, 2011

What I Heart Today: Soul Searching

Do you ever feel like you just don't know which direction to walk in? You don't know what you want to do, what makes you happy. I think it's part of being a new mother, what a huge adjustment! It's one of the parts that people don't talk about a lot, the way your life gets turned upside down and you have to find your way to the new normal. One day I had a free afternoon while my husband was taking care of our daughter, "what are you going to do today?' he asked me, "you can do anything you want," and you know what, I couldn't come up with a thing to do with my free time. I'd become so wrapped up in being a mom that I didn't have anything outside of it. I That's where I was at when I started to do a little soul searching.

What makes me happy? I love creative outlets, I sew, I've designed handbags, I've designed stationery, I've designed parties, I love being creative. One of the things I've always loved is design, and especially interior design. I started taking interior design courses at a community college about ten years ago but my work took me to Montreal, Canada for three months and I had to drop out. I've decided I'm going to go back. For those of you who don't know, I have a degree in Political Science and Russian language. After graduating from college in 1997 I went to work for Boeing and was traveling to Russia quite a bit. After three years at Boeing I wiggled my way into the dotcom boom and worked for a company called RealNetworks. I worked there four years and then actually ended up back at Boeing until I started my own stationery design company in 2006. And now you know everything about me :)

I've really become interested in interior design as I work on my own house, and there's so much to do! So join me on my journey back to school and decorating this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment