Friday, September 23, 2011

What I Heart Today: Good Design - Lace in Home Decor

This week my good design post wasn't hard to come by, that is if you believe in majority rules.

Good design means something different to everybody, my personal design style is simple with pops of color and pattern. Alot of people prefer something more traditional, like a page out of the Pottery Barn catalog. But if you're a Pinterest user apparently this is the style you prefer:


This image, from the Roost blog by Marissa Waddell, is my single most repinned image and it still continues to be repinned daily. What do people love so much about this image? I think there's something really inviting about the way the photo was styled, it's not one of those sterile images from a home dec magazine of a room that looks like nobody lives in, this looks lived in. I also think the focal point in the room, the large lace art, is bold yet still soft and feminine and that's pretty hard to achieve with a piece that large and commanding. It doesn't hurt that the color scheme is simple and easy on the eyes.


I'd love to know, what do you think is so appealing about this image?

No comments:

Post a Comment