Monday, March 19, 2012

What I Heart Today: My Little Man

Last weekend we hosted a sip n' see for this handsome guy.



Ever heard of a sip n' see? Me neither until a few months ago. It's something they do in the South rather than a baby shower. They host an open house after the baby is born so everyone actually gets to see the little bundle of joy, and they sip on a few cocktails while doing it. What's not to like?

The theme for our sip n' see was "Little Man" and I wanted to share how it all turned out.

First, to make it easy on myself I started out with this printable party package by joyess designs for modernprintables.com.

It had everything you could possibly need in it, invitation, thank you cards, decorations, it was just perfect. I would normally design my own party printables but with a two year old and a seven week old I decided to go a little easy on myself.

Here's what the invite looked like.



Here's how the party table looked.


This was a largely Pinterest inspired party. Here's some of the things we served that you've probably seen floating around Pinterest before.

This sangria was awesome, a little out of place in March, but still awesome. Will definitely be my go to for entertaining this summer.
 


We served my husband's famous, handmade margaritas in half pint mason jars and it was a huge hit!

Mini mac n cheese was also a huge hit


And last but not least, one of my favorites, the mustache straws. I made them myself but this photo and the idea came from the Etsy seller linked below.

See my entire planning board on Pinterest (and follow me too!)

It was a really great party with family and friends. Bye, bye awkward baby showers, I'm sold on the sip n' see. Now you just need to have a baby for an excuse to throw one!







No comments:

Post a Comment