Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I Heart Today: Rug Tape

Am I the only one who hadn't heard of rug tape? A few months back a friend of mine was in town who used to be in the interior design business. She helped me move a few things around my house (isn't it great to have a second set of trained eyes on things?).

One of the things we did was move a large 8'x8' rug into my dining room. I didn't have a rug pad for it, because one that large is pretty spendy,  so it had been sitting downstairs rolled up. So my girlfriend told me about rug tape, it's a double sided tape meant for laying rugs that won't hurt your floors or your rug. My rug is a flat weave and it worked awesome!

Here's how I did it:

1. Folded back the edge of the rug.


2. Applied the rug tape to the edge of the rug.



3. Attached to the floor and voila! No more tripping over the edge of the rug!




 I purchased my rug tape at amazon.com.


P.S. As a new blogger I'm really trying to get used to taking more pictures as I do things so that I can share them with you. I also need to pay more attention to detail, looking at this picture I can tell the rug may have needed a little more straightening out before taping the edges down.


No comments:

Post a Comment