Friday, October 15, 2010

What I Heart Today: Etsy.com

If you haven't heard of etsy.com what rock have you been hiding under?  I absolutely go ga ga for etsy! Etsy is an online marketplace for handmade items, vintage items, and crafting supplies.  Etsy allows sellers to open up their own etsy stores and then charges a nominal fee for each item the seller lists.  You can find things on etsy that you would never imagine you could find.  For instance when I was putting together a nursery for my daughter I wanted a slipcover for a glider that had been handed down to me.  I went to etsy and in just a few minutes found a seller custom making glider covers, I was able to tell her exactly what fabric I wanted and it turned out to work perfectly with our nursery.
Etsy is also a great place to buy gifts.  I'm an early Christmas shopper and already have my eye on an etsy store called Charm School who's got these great neck warmers and is currently offering buy one item get one free!  What better way to start my holiday shopping.  If you're a first timer to etsy I have just one warning, you can get sucked in for hours looking at everything so make sure you have plenty of time!

What are some of your favorite items on etsy?

No comments:

Post a Comment