Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What I Heart Today: Fresh Ground Almond Butter

If you've ever had it can I get an Amen!  I'd forgotten about my friend almond butter until recently when I decided to give my daughter her first try of it.  Regular old almond butter is good, you can buy it in jars in most grocery stores these days, but the fresh ground stuff is amazing.  Fresh ground can be found at stores like PCC and Whole Foods, they provide the machine and you grind it yourself.  The great thing about grinding it yourself is you can choose as much or as little as you would like, and it's actually warm when it comes out of the grinder!

Some of the benefits of nut butters as described by Whole Foods are:
  • Nut butters deliver omega 6 essential fatty acids in an unprocessed form.
  • Most nut butters are packed with healthy monounsaturated fat – the same kind of fat you find in olive oil.
  • Some nuts contain excellent quantities of Vitamin E, including hazelnuts and almonds.
  • Nut butters contain natural fiber and they can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
 If you've never tried fresh ground almond butter I implore you, next time you're at a store that sells it grind out a little something, something and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment