Saturday, November 6, 2010

What I Heart Today: PEPS

PEPS stands for Program for Early Parenthood Support and it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  If you are pregnant or have recently had a baby, I strongly recommend you checking out this organization.  Moms-to-be or new moms can go to the website and sign up to be assigned to a group in their area of children the same age as their child.  You can choose to be in a mothers group which meets during the day or a parents group with moms and dads that meets in the evenings.  Members meet for 12 weeks, rotating between each others homes, with a PEPS leader that is provided to your group to facilitate the meeting.  Once the 12 weeks is up your group can choose to go on without a leader.

I signed up for PEPS before my daughter was born and was placed in a group when she was 2 months old.  Our group has stayed together and my daughter is now 10 months old.  I find the moms in my group to be an awesome support system as well as great sounding boards.

I highly recommend this program, read more at http://peps.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment