Monday, January 31, 2011

What I Heart Today: Party Food!

I'm going to share with you the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I'm going to be honest, planning the menu is not my strong point.  I tend to get these separate ideas in my head but not pay any attention to whether or not they go together.  A perfect example of this is what we call in our house "random frozen food night" or RFF for short.  This is when I go to Trader Joe's and pick out all of the frozen stuff that looks good.  Like mac n cheese bites and gyoza.  So that's where I'm coming from when trying to put a menu together, therefore my menu was a little weird.  There were two things I absolutely had to have:
1.  Glitter Balls by Martha Stewart
2.  Fruit sushi inspired by Elle Belle Creative
The glitter balls turned out great, they're essentially a sugar cookie.  I took a shortcut though, you're supposed to put two cookies together and add a filling in between to make them into balls but I made my cookies too big and decided to just serve them as single cookies.  They were very visually pleasing and a great way to incorporate the color theme.  The fruit sushi on the other hand... was a big flop.  Looked cute, tasted gross.  I have a bad habit of not tasting new things ahead of time and of course once the day came around it was too late.

That's the start of my menu, more to come tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment