Thursday, December 30, 2010

What I Heart Today: New Year's Resolution #2

My second new year's goal is to become a better photographer.  I have a great camera, the Nikon D40, that I've had for about 3 years and still barely know how to do more with it than point and click.  I saw this great tutorial on holiday bokeh (I didn't know what bokeh was either but go check it out, it's so pretty!), and next year I want to be able to shoot my own holiday bokeh.  I tried to do it this year but I don't know my camera well enough to know how to change the aperture.  I did look at the owner's manual and couldn't even understand the directions it gave on controlling aperture, so I've decided to start with page one.




What about you, do you have any new year's goals?

2 comments:

  1. I looooove my D40, although I'll admit to lusting after a D90. Definitely check out the book Understanding Exposure - it helped me so much with shooting in manual mode! The manual is kind of hard to follow, but the manual and this book together were awesome. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete